Quote:
How do women's pants fit you? If the idea isn't too horrific to consider... They generally have a shorter waist to crotch distance, I think. (Hips might be too big, though.)

It would be theoretically possible to move the waistband (and pockets) down on a pair of pants, but that would be a lot of work and not cheap to have done.

Perhaps you could buy a pattern for pants, then have a seamster adjust it to your body. Then learn to sew, or have pants/shorts made for you by a friend or professional.

I'm ok with trying women's pants. The problem is that I live in Ohio, and the only real way to get quality outdoor clothing is to order from the web, which means lots of return shipping fees for things that don't fit. I also don't know how women's waist sizes translate to men's waist sizes. I'm a 32. I remember faintly that a women's 8 fit me at an REI once, but I took a look at this Cloudveil pant:

http://www.backcountry.com/store/CLV0282/Cloudveil-Cool-Convertible-Pant-Womens.html

and a 32 inch waist would be a size 12???

I'm not sure where to get a pattern for pants.

And yes, it is possible to move the waistband and side pockets down, but you would also have to move down the zipper and the cargo pockets as well. Too complicated.

Edited by babybunny (10/18/08 04:40 PM)

www.fuzzybabybunny.smugmug.com