Quote:
I'd add on about three rounds of Boxing a day also. If you call it anything other than Lee's Ferry here, you'll need it.

Sound advice. Good thing they are pronounced the same, at least in Texican.

Enchanted Rock is on my list. I live in Spicewood so it's an easy drive for me.

How about water consumption? I will never be too far from reliable water but how much water should you carry/consume. I have read anywhere from 1 - 2 liters / hr. but have also read that your body can only absorb about 1 L / hr. The outfitter also mentions water intoxication but when I mentioned that to a friend that is a P.A. at a trauma center in AZ, he said they rarely see cases of it. They deal with many cases of dehydration.

I am also trying out different configuration of shorts and underwear to prevent chafing. I cut out the mesh liners from all my shorts. They seemed to cause more damage than good. I read somewhere on here about the synthetic boxer briefs. Although pricey, they seem to be working sufficiently.

Irregardless, I am looking forward to some dry air, running some rapids, side canyon hikes, and many many photo opportunities. The humidity around here is pretty tough and combine that with high 90's to 100's, I should be acclimated to the heat.