Thanks alot for the input! Sorry i didn't put weights alongside my list, as i haven't weighed everything yet.

For now, simply because i'm new to backpacking, i'd be reluctent to give up either hatchet or stove for the reasons that if i go stoveless, it's bound to downpour and i'll be crunching my way through dehydrated soup (yuck), and i love to have a fire after a nice hike. However, once i get a bit more experience, i'm sure i can drop both, as fire building becomes easier and more reliable.

I haven't done any solo backpacking yet, thus the two man tent. Me and my fiance bought the tent at cost ($170!!) from a local supplier, so i didn't want to pass the deal up, and it seemed like a pretty light weight tent to me. I will certainly reduce my cookset down to a single pot tho. I didn't even think of that before, as it all came in one bag (duh!). As for clothes, i looked at your list, phat, and i think i may be instore for a couple new wardrobe items.

Lastly, i have definately learned to ask HERE before buying, as the Dragonfly stove was recomended to me by a local supply shop as perfect for backpacking. Foolish, and green i was, and now regretting it.

Thanks again for all the input!! I'll let you know how the next few trips pan out!

P.S. Completely off topic, but the views around superior are breathtaking!!! Completely loveing this new found hobby!