Quote:
i didnt post the question for pepole to post the obvious . after all that you still didnt say anything about what kinda stakes you used for diff ocasions.

im in ga but i hike across the states.

i dont understand was so hard to forum pepole about answering simple questions .

the question as stated ask what kind of stakes you guys use not what kinda stakes i need ill be the ultimate judge of that. trip by trip. i was just wandering if maybe u guys insight on what "you use" might help persaude me into picking diff stakes. for diff situations.

sorry im noy trying to be a jerk but it seems like every time i ask a question pepole act like they cant answer it. because i didnt specify a certain varible.
It's interesting how we can be so impersonal on the web, isn't it? For me, it's hard to even care now whether you find what your looking for. Impatience is a characteristic that isn't going to get you that far on this forum.

Most of us try, as much as possible, to be as civil as we can with our answers. That is why I frequent this forum, because I know that most of the folks who comment aren't just knowledgeable, but are thoughtful as well.

A simple rewording of your initial question, without the obvious expressed annoyance you're suffering through, would garner a more positive response. Whether or not you like the answers to your questions, perhaps someone else may have benefited.

Having said that, I can understand your frustration. MSR makes an incredibly light (9 grams) stake called the MSR Needle Stake. It is small, doesn't have much surface area for holding in loose ground, but is super strong. They come with all of our Fast and Light tents. The MSR Groundhog II Stake is our strongest stake and are a bit more usable in soft, loose ground. They can also be pounded with a rock even though they are made from aluminum. The material and design of these stakes make them some of the strongest and lightest on the market and the choice of most experienced backpackers and mountaineers. If your in sand or snow, the MSR Blizzard Stake seem to work well. SMC also make similar stakes. The SMC Snow Fluke has also been a reliable snow stake.

I've also used a sand "stake" which consists of a 4"X4" piece of material with tie offs attached to the material. You simply fill the small square with sand and bury it. If done right, you get a very solid anchor. They are called the Mountain Hardware Sand Anchor.

Good luck on your search.