Leaving my normal lurk mode here as I sold shoes for many years when I was young. Another thing that many people over look when fitting shoes is the arch length. The brannock device does measure this but most people just use that little slider to check width. It can make a huge difference as the length and width may be a 9D, but if the arch length is an 11, the shoe will never fit correctly. It might take an 11B to get the right fit. Yes, you can get the heat moldable supports, but that only deals with the bottom of the shoe. The sides and top are also affected by arch length. There are so many variables that it is simply not possible to measure them all accurately. For that reason, it is a good thing that different companies use different lasts. That way, we can each find a shoe that fits our particular feet. I would suggest that if you find a boot that works good for you, one that remains comfortable on the long days, buy at least a second pare of them. I would buy three if I could find one that worked for me. So far, the closest thing has been the Hi- techs I am currently killing, but at the end of a long day, they are only bearable.

ken