Somehow, I missed the Divine Light; I did own another Sierra Designs tent back then (I forget which one), that replaced a Timberline 2 with 2 sewn-on vestibules - talk about heavy! I probably bought whatever the local outfitter had on sale (this was in my still-paying-for-the-kids-college phase of my life) that was lighter than the Timberline. The Clip Flashlight was another lightweight option, but I never liked the way the fly door let water drip into the tent when you got in and out in the rain.

When I got tired of lugging the SD around, I found the Minimalist/tarp combo at an REI while visiting my son in Massachusetts - the price was right (less than $100, I think), and I had a little more disposable income (the son was in Massachusetts because he took a job there after graduating - one less tuition payment each year!), and I used that until I replaced with a Salathe bivy (2 pounds, but a waist-length bug net!) and - believe it or not - an ID Silshelter tarp! Like you, I liked the shaped tarp option better than a flat tarp. For one thing, I could pitch it easily by myself; flat tarps could be a little frustrating, especially if I was using hiking poles instead of a ridgeline between trees. For another, it didn't require guy lines.

I also agree that a bivy will add a little warmth to a sleeping bag, letting you get away with a lighter bag; so will a solo tent. You can also use a lighter bag by choosing to wear all your insulating clothing at night. That's why I chose a 30-degree bag instead of a 15-degree bag for winter use: I have down booties, down pants, and a hooded down sweater that can make up most of the difference.