Quote:
...did not provide any evidence to back up your claim. You still have not provided any. It is not my responsibility to look up evidence to support your claim; it is yours to provide it. Otherwise, you just sound like someone with a grudge against Steripen.

You're welcome to do as you will. I'm really not interested in wether or not you believe me. [shrug]

Of course I have a grudge against Steripen. A justifiable grudge.

Over time Steripen have admitted past errors in deed if not outright. And some of their products are worthwhile enough that I own some. But I do watch them more carefully than I might other companies w/a better history/reputation.

OTOH, you sound like a rabid Steripen apologist. Which not only brings your credibility into doubt in my mind but also makes me wonder if you have a vested interest in the outdoors industry or specifically Steripen.

Quote:
If you say so, but I think it is

Please elaborate .... it sounds like you are admitting that you feel criticism of Steripen is an attack on you personally.

Quote:
I also feel that MP1 is the best of the chemical treatments available even though it requires 4 hours against Cryptosporidium.

Nope. It may take up to 4 hrs. Look it up.

Quote:
I do note, however, that you seem a little defensive about your choice of Micropur.

Not at all. Whatever gave you that idea?

In agreement, I wrote: "That's been my experience also. Which is why I simply choose MP1."

How is that defensive?

Quote:
In sum, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But, to be credible, you should be prepared to document your assertions.

You don't get it do you:

1) I am not going to do your research for you. It's your body. You're a grown man. Nuff said?
2) I don't have a dog in this fight. IOW; I couldn't care less what you or anyone else chooses to do about water treatment.
3) I couldn't care less whether or not you or anyone else believes me. My ego can handle your incredulity. And I do not have a vested interest in the outdoors industry.

I'll close w/an old Sherpa saying:

"Maybe true. Maybe not true. Better you believe."

BTW, my writing style and the nature of the Net may make my posts sound harsh. Naaah, always assume a calm, patient even kindly, tone unless I say otherwise. TIA for your consideration.

Peace,

Richard.