Quote:
No offense but it seems silly to me to bring CL02 and a Steripen. Why not sell the Steripen and buy a ton of CL02 tabs?

A lot of us don't like the taste of water that has been chemically treated. I much prefer either filtered water or water treated with UV to water that tastes as though it was dipped from a swimming pool. Unfortunately, mechanical and electronic gadgets will malfunction. I think that most people who carry filters or Steripens carry some sort of chemical backup. I carried iodine tablets (bleech) or ClO2 tabs when I was carrying a filter; I carry chlorine dioxide tabs now that I carry a Steripen.

Quote:
BTW, Steripen used unethical marketing methods when they first placed the product on the market. And now their QA is in serious doubt due to the many credible reports of failures.

Would you care to provide some documentation for these assertions. I am not aware of unethical marketing nor am I aware of abnormal problems with quality. Normally, it is considered good form to back up personal assertions with credible scientific reports rather than to just state what comes across as your opinion.

I have used a Steripen Adventurer for two years now and have had no problem at all with either function or GI disease; I think there are many others on this forum who will say the same thing if asked.