My Lighthouse tent is the tent of choice for most conditions I camp in (which is good weather). I live in the Pacific NW so I can usually count on a little bit of rain everyday. I've found that my tent will withstand heavy rain all night now that I've run some seam sealer along the outside of the tent where the poles push out on the fabric. That is where it will wet out first but now that I've put a 1/2 inch runner of sealant along the poles, it will usually only wet out in a few places. Once the fabric wets out in a spot, it drips a little but it's not like water is pouring into your tent. It is still good shelter and none of my gear is really affected by being dripped on. Even my sleeping bag has a pertex shell. Heavy rain is better because it tends to bounce off the fabric easily. I would be nervous about extended trips in the rain where I didn't have a chance to dry it out. This tent has been great for desert (closed up completely so no sand blowing in), mountaineering (great for snow), and summer camping. No vestibule as noted. Since I live in WA I also purchased an REI QuarterDome UL for rain camping when I just know it's going to be wet and miserable. But if it's going to be wet and miserable out, why plan a trip that week? I guess I'm more of a fair-weather camper so the LightHouse is currently my go-to tent.