Three out of five stars for a $20 tent.It would get 1 out of five it you paid $100 for it.

One reviewer gave it 4 stars but he is upgrading (too small, too much condensation)
Another spent $59 to make it useable but still compares it to a "tube tent"
Here is another 3 star review :
Have used this solo tent on several hikes. Its main advantage is how light it is. Only about three pounds. Getting in and out require you to crawl, and it is only a single wall. I have other double wall tents, but still use this cheap little number. I'm going for a very early spring hike this weekend and the forcast if for rain. I can't wait to see how it holds up.

This guy has not even used the tent ( in the field) , finds it hard to get in and out, but gives it three stars !!!

The other 4 star comes from a guy that uses the tent in fair weather .

Funny that two reviewers mention "about 3 lbs" , to most here there is a big difference between "about 3lbs" and "just over 4 lbs".....

If you had started the thread by stating "for mild weather and occasional camping , for some... a $20 tent will do" I possibly would agree with you , however your inference that a $200 tent is a rip off is at best naive.

As far as the Chinese manufacturing comments are concerned, yes a lot of the best ( and most expensive) tents are made in China, however for the moment because of the cost of materials, don't expect "cheap" silnylon/spinnaker/cuben fiber tents with Easton or DAC poles.

Franco