Point is.. ..... most tents aren't necessarily worth what they cost.....and the very few super-ultralight super cheapies available in $20-$30 three-pound range......are waaaaay the best value for summer backpacking.....compared with mainline and specialty manufacturers at ten times the price or more, and very similar weights or heavier...

Can anybody say why, for example, the undoubtedly very nice Huba Huba, is 11 times or 15 times more expensive, than a Wenzel Solo, when they are, I would contend, equally functional, assuming summer use.

HH is significantly heavier and only very slightly larger. Yes, I could be wrong and am looking for argument. There may be trollish element here, but on the other hand, I am sincere about my point.

The "Rainbow" to take another popular example, is similarly expensive and only slightly lighter -- and not less constricted in space than a Wenzel, but at best only equally functional, ..or at least that is my contention.

Many (most or all) the numerous other low-end backpacking tents, at Campmoor, for example, definately including most Wenzel models, are neither truly ultra cheap nor ultra light and I think of them as all-around bad bargains.....I can't believe Wenzel Solo is the only ultra-cheap ultralight, but it's all I've seen. Somebody mentioned Cabelas... etc.......I guess there are a few others

Perhaps the contract factories in Asia will soon be supplying the market with more along these lines.....?? Could easily be true and there could be improved ultracheap versions in the offing.... but it hasn't happened so far.

On the other hand, my late, great, sub-four pound puptent was purchased nearly thirty years ago in a large discount department store.......and the Wenzel knocks a pound off that and is somewhat cheaper at twenty or thirty current U.S dollars...

I've almost certainly purchased most or all of my lifetime supply of back packing tents, and have spent perhaps a thousand$$ ??? on various models... Therefore, I'm certainly hypocritical..... But I'm very glad my various tents have included one that was something like the current Wenzel Solo.