I hope this doesn't hijack this thread, but I hope we're not heading down some sort of jingoistic path here, assuming that only U.S.-made products are any good.

Limiting oneself to only US-made products would mean ruling out Svea stoves, Swiss army knives, all kinds of German optics, Snow Peak, and Montbell.

I can understand not wanting to support industries that use child labor or sweat-shop working conditions; those are wrong. But an argument can also be made that even those conditions offer developing nations an improvement in the standard of living - it's still not our standard, but it's better than what came before. (And, lest we become too holier-than-thou, those same conditions featured prominently in the early U.S. industrial revolution - the same revolution that eventually led to the highest standard of living ever known.)

Again, I'm not trying to justify horrendous working conditions. They are no more right now than they were in the U.S. 120 years ago. But I did feel constrained to at least offer some perspective. (And, in the immortal words of the Torch, "Flame on!")