Quote:
Henry,

I'm really intrigued by your Sublite design. I am wondering if you are considering how Pacerpoles might fit into your design. I know they are a niche product in an already niche market, but they do specify an option of an aluminum link-piece to create an A-frame setup. This big difference is that the poles would be used upright (tips in the ground) rather than upside down (tips in the sky). I'm not sure if the angle is adjustable, so I don't even know if it would work for your design. It just struck me that the Sublite might be the perfect application for the Pacerpole A-frame setup.

I don't have any Pacerpoles here to try out but I see no reason why they wouldn't work. The trekking pole handle adapters at ground level should work with anything. And the Sublite apex trekking pole tip adapter clips into a loop in the canopy so it's removable and replaceable with anything that lifts the canopy from above. I can't find any diagram of the Pacerpole A-frame setup but I see no reason why you couldn't clip into it if you want to use the Pacerpoles handle side up.

-H