My multi tool is small but I didn't needed it. the trangia is the orginal brass one and is heavy. It's going in the gear archive. The extra cloths I am ditching are an extra pair of under shorts, xtra nylon t shirt, wool cap (didn't use) and gloves.
I did get up one night when the temp was cold and put on my long poly pro top and bottoms. I froze when the temps dropped to 31 in my 40 degree bag. So after the summer I'll get a down bag and keep the North face 40 degree for summer only. As for the xtra food. I carried enough for both of us for the 3 days plus some xtra jerkey, Raman and gorp.
My son carried about the same amount. Although I gave him a list of what I had and a scheduel for meals. He went overboard buying stuff. Hard headed. Like father like son.
The one thing I used that didn't weigh much was a little coleman thermometer with a wind chill chart on the reverse side. It also has a general direction compass. I use it as a zipper pull. Found it in a geo cashe. Very small and usfull.
Planning is everything. Or at least most of it.