TNF and Marmot are more popular now with the younger crowd. The companies make more for the demand, they get overstock, and sell it at a closeout price at stores like TJ Maxx for a fraction of the price.

Ive seen TNF snow pants at TJ Maxx marked down as low as $60.00. I have a good pair of Marmot winter gloves I bought at the same store for $6.00! The quality has to be there because they keep my hands warm. Very few gloves I have ever owned have been able to do that.

I check for price and customer ratings. When customers comment positively on a NF product that state that they actually backpacked with it and the comments are positive and simular it helps with the choice.

With the cost of gas and everything else rising because of it, I look for bargins and quality. BP gears not cheap. If a brand gets trendy and creates eventual overstock, that just means a bargin for me down the road.

I see trendy people wearing alot of Arc'Teryx gear lately. Does that mean they will eventually mark down a $300.00 fleece??? LMAO.

Tom