Quote:
Read that warranty carefully. I don't think the OP understands what it says. I think I do and again, I stand by my earlier statement-don't expect things to last forever.

The warranty excludes normal wear and tear " or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use." You can't read just the part of the warranty you want to enforce without reading the rest of it. Unless the warranty says "we will replace this product for any reason at any time," then expect there to be certain exclusions.

That is what he says happened to his pack-the waterproofing broke down after 5-6 years. Same thing happened to my SD tent after a few years stored in its bag. Remember, you are dealing with synthetic materials and coatings that are subjected to water, air pollutants, etc. If the pack had come apart due to stitching problems, then that would be a different story.

Sure, the surly girl on the phone could have been more polite, but there are ways to deal with that-I just demand to talk to a supervisor and if that doesn't help, I write to company officers and complain.

My other suggestion-read the warranty before buying whatever it is. If you don't understand it completely, ask; if you don't like the warranty, buy something else. Some states have specific statutes that preclude some exclusions or grant buyers certain rights other states don't.

I think labeling it a lifetime warranty is misleading. In fact, it quite clearly is not a "lifetime" warranty. The label "lifetime warranty" does not connote "lifetime so long as you do not use the product." The "normal wear and tear" exception to the warranty is the exception that swallows the rule. I find it annoying.