I prefer a watertight bag or two with strong attachment point and a small biner. Cord strong enough to hold whatever weight you anticipate. I also put stove, toothbrush, any fragrant things, utensils, and dishes in the food bag if I anticipate increased risk of bear traffic. The thing I dislike about heavy use areas is that I do not know what the folks before me did. Did they wash dishes and pour it on the ground - did they pour the juice from a tuna can on the ground. Is my tarp set up over that spot. So I scope the area for signs of past visitors as well.
One of the places I love to go is also the place where problem bears from the Smoky Mountains are relocated, but I have never had a problem.
Last weekend my dog freaked out about 2 hours after dark. He is not a barker, but he got really scared and alert. It may have been a bear checking us out- who knows. But I slept well knowing that our food was hung a long distance from us on a stout limb and there was no reason for a healthy bear to come any closer.

Where are you going?