Hey Steve, I'll keep an eye out for the reports on BPL. The snow coach looks like a great way to get into the backcountry, given the size of the park.

Interesting about the stove. I saw a couple of reviews of the Primus Gravity MF and it seems to have some problems running liquid fuels. Brunton has a new one, but it's a bit heavy and really pricey ($180), so I may look at the other Primus-the one that looks a bit like the Nova. That one sounds like what you all had.

The upside down canister idea is what makes the Coleman work-same idea with a different design. But if Jim is right, those may be collector's items soon. I wrote to Coleman about this but didn't hear back. That doesn't bode well. If a company is on the verge of obsoleting a product line, they are unlikely to let anyone know, so they can dump existing stock on unsuspecting buyers.

Did you figure what caused the Nova to freeze up? When mine clogged in Yosemite, I pulled out the filter and that seemed to solve the problem. After that, it worked fine.