The weight stinks, but I like the convenience on warmer trips. We've taken to sleeping with cannisters on some cooler camps, even around these lower lattudes and elevations, to get decent pressure going. Colder and I prefer to use the liquid fuels and a stove with a pre-heat tube.

One of my old punctured CampinGAZ "8oz" cannisters weighed in at 146g/5.15oz empty. A MSR IsoPro "8oz" cannister empty was 130g/4.59oz - about what you measured for the Brunton. I didn't measure a population of each, so not sure of the variablility in weight for the individual brands.

So, you maybe can shave a few feathers by brand. At first blush it looks like the first you mentioned is one to avoid or measure more of to get the range in wt.

I suggest, if your out long enough to justify it, using the taller cans to optimize gas volume per container weight. "16oz" empty 199g/7.02oz for CampinGAZ by my measurements. A similar reason for staying away from the shorter cannisters.

Hank Hill would be pleased with my preference.

I've also found the empties superior targets to beer cans (full ones much superior!). Consequently, my old punctured MSR have too much metal removed for a reliable comparison.