Happy to be here, Earth!

I can tell ya more funny experiments on the trail that involve crappy backpacks and discount boots and so forth. Funny now; painful then.

My trail experiences in SE Asia were mixed in terms of style of backpacking. Nepal was mostly lodge 2 lodge, so no food or tent; same with a few parts in China. My wife and I had a great time on the border of Kazakhstan sleeping in yurts for about a week in the mountains, and last year we ran into a guy who was solo trekking from Dharamsala, India to Tibet(?). He hydrates his food overnight and eats it cold in the am to save stove and fuel weight... It was snowing when we met him as we were coming down the mountain on a day hike to an alpine meadow. Cold, hydrated carrots on the morning of day 2 in 3 ft of snow would be enuf to send me back where I just came from. But I applaud his idea. But no coffee??! Sheesh.

I hope one day to live in ELY. Its a really cool place, but a little out of the way, if ya know what Im sayin...