Quote:
Quote:
Plus there's always a ton of their clothing on eBay, you just have to wade through it.

Buyer Beware! There's a ton of FAKE Patagonia clothing on Ebay too! This is where Ebay really sucks. So far, I've bought two counterfeit pieces of gear (out of about 20 gear purchases - one company is still doing business on Ebay), TWO counterfeit Bluetooth headsets (out of 3, both are no longer valid Ebay accounts), pirated software for my phone (that company is still doing business on Ebay), and one piece of stolen camera equipment (found that out when I sent it in for repairs - listing said, "broken - you fix and save!" Name associated with account was fake, PayPal account was validated using some senior citizen's stolen banking info).

Be careful out there....

It's relatively easy to spot the vendors of fake stuff, it's typically from those that sell a lot of stuff. I look for the folks that sell maybe 10 or 20 items per year, people that aren't making a ton of money off it. But you're right, it's definitely buyer beware, proceed with extreme caution. Hijacked accounts are another thing to be wary of, I report them as soon as I see them (or any other policy violations).

Another thing to watch for with Patagonia stuff is the tag. If the tag is cut halfway through, it was sold as at an outlet store. I see a lot of sellers represent that stuff as NWT (new with tags), when it's probably a factory second.

I've been fairly lucky so far, I've only gotten burned once and it was a $50 item.

Just bought an iMac computer on eBay, seller seems genuine. Same deal, doesn't sell much and what she does sell is a wide variety. We'll see...