I appreciate all the work and testing on all the little stoves and I've made several of them myself. Today I built two. One was a modified pop can type stove with side burner. I cut fiberglass cloth and wrapped inside so as to have a wicking effect. I put in an ounce of denatured and lit it. It warmed and wouldn't flame until I gave it a little nudge. It then crackeled to life and melted the top of the aluminum flashing windscreen. It burned with a vengence for about 4 minutes and went out. I then built the penny stove with some 12 oz heine cans and it just kept going out. So I opened up the fill hole and got it to light. But was not impressed. I am tossing (recycling ) them. A couple of the earlier pop can stoves I built were the best performers and I'll hang onto them. So I got to thinking, (sometimes a very dangerous habit), how could I save unused fuel if I didn't burn it? I got on e-bay and bought a brass Trangia kit with a German cook kit for a total of $20 with shipping.
I was watching a YouTube video on it's use and thought I would add it to my collection. When it arrives, I'll burn some more fuel and boil some water. If all else fails, I have an old stand by built in 1952 army issur multi fuel. Single burner that you pump up like a coleman lantern that I've never had problems with. It fits in it's own pot with a cup that doubles as the lid. I have recently built a few wood burning stoves that burn pretty well and would work in a pinch but who likes soot. All my options are not extremly LW but I just want something I can reley on.