So I got excited about Yosemite last night after reading WanderingDaisy's post and shot an email to a friend of mine about giving it a go over president's weekend. She shot me one back eagerly saying yes...now I am triple excited...and a touch overwhelmed. I never thought I would camp in snow and have never really looked into it. I am going to try to read as many posts as I can from this thread. Neither of us have the tiniest clue (or the equipment for that matter). Equipment, I can borrow. A clue...well that's another matter entirely. I imagine we will seriously wuss it our first time, not really camp very far out...even car camp or something. (man I thought that was long behind me). I definitely don't want to do anything crazy. There are even snowshoe hikes led by rangers there...not a bad first time idea. I'm trying to let go of my backpacking pride on this one! hahahaha! Any recommendations (easy-breezy campsites) books on snow camping etc. would be great and looked into!

Tom, those are gorgeous photos! How do you keep your camera dry in the snow? I will be bringing my digSLR.