Hi Carol, I have seen where even Crocs were supposed to weigh 8 oz. or so, usually for a smaller size than I can wear. I'm getting used to the appearance of my Crocs, kakhi color. Water shoes from Sprint Aquatics are supposed to weigh next to nothing, but those are way worse than Crocs, they look but ugly. I am thinking of trying a dry pair of lighter weight socks to wear with my trail runner/bping shoes while in camp, which I bring anyway to use with my Crocs. Wearing the Crocs sockless seems to pick up more dirt and debris. I can live with the weight of the Crocs, but I am now in the process of off setting the weight of my Slinglight chair I picked up last Spring. It weights around 20-21oz. with headrest. Then there is the extra weight of having to use a heavier bear resistant canister where a canister is required. It will be tough to get to 30 lbs. again for a eight day trip. I have read here about make shift things, but I need something I can hike around some with, such as fishing and exploring after selecting a campsite. I usually camp where there are needles/pitch and/or rocks all about here in the Sierra.