OK, Is everyone happy now?

First of all, we have a new poster who says he's "a complete novice" then lists a bunch of camping experience, wilderness survival skills, etc. and gets upset when other members question his decision to do this hike.

To the new poster-we have a Beginners forum where I have obviously moved this thread. The site also has a good list of books, gear lists, etc. that you can read.

If you are making your own gear, are in good shape as you claim, then what exactly do you mean by "tips"? That question is too general to get much of an answer. I have no tips for you because I have no idea what you want to know.

If you want to know about a particular piece of gear, ask in the Gear forum; if you want to know what food to take, read the Food forum; if you want to know about making gear, read the Homemade Gear forum.

However, please don't take offense when you ask a vague question and get somewhat confused answers when you go from "complete novice" to "certified in survival" whatever that means.

Personally, I have no clue what you know or don't know or what you want to know. I doubt if anyone here actually cares if you want to walk from Erie to Pittsburgh but you asked for advice and you got some.