Quote:
Geokite:

Can you comment on the sound quality of the iRiver T60, and can you compare it to anything?

Paul

I should be getting my T60 today (got the super free and slow shipping option). This will be my 6th iriver player (one I bought for my girlfriend). All of them have had excelent sound quality, and I expect this to be consistent with that. I'll edit this post with a short review of the player.

Edit: Just got the player. Wow, it is small. Great texture on the outside of the player. Sound quality is excellent. Listening to the most recent Enigma release, I heard aspects of the sound I had never noticed before. And this is with the stock earbuds. The joystick is a little tricky, but worth it for the overall quality of this player. I had to turn the contrast all the way down, for indoor use. Quite happy, but I wish I had a scale with me right now. Weight should be around 1.5oz with the AAA battery.

I had previously emailed iriver about useage of a lithium battery, mentioning how the voltage is higher than 1.5V when fresh. They said no go, use either alkaline or rechargeable.

I have only listened to other players via a car stereo, so a comparison would not be fair. But I have never heard of anyone complain about the sound quality of iriver players. Check out www.dapreview.net for comments on iriver, or http://www.misticriver.net/

Edit#2: Weight with one alkaline AAA battery; 1.2oz. Ear Buds are usually around 0.5oz.

Edited by geokite (01/28/08 03:57 PM)