I agree with earlier posters, if I had to wait for someone elses schedule to match mine I would never get out. My grandmother, when she was alive, always told me I shouldn't be going by myself, now my mom is the same sometimes. Also, I am little bit of a redneck and they don't go hiking. My location/education/interests/personality put me in the position of going solo quite often. I have a few big boy toys, so once again, my scattered interests dictate what I can do with others. I have to adjust my priorities to include others. If you take into account what percentage of the population goes bping/hiking, add in where I live away from population centers and those folks interests/perceptions, mix with my country leanings and non-pc mind set and you have few people that are compatible with me. With that said, this last year, half of my bp trips were in groups as I was invited along on trips, mostly with single ladies. I must have messed up somewhere, ladies inviting me for a weekend trip? A different year for me for sure. This new year has started the same, they must be desperate for bodies to go with, or at my age now, I am just "safe"?