I'm probably more in agreement with food. The biggest thing I find is that when I'm alone
I hike at my own pace and nobody else's - I don't fret that my pace will not be good for them
or make them have a bad trip. I don't spend time worrying about if they have their fecal materiel adequately conglomerated so I don't have to worry about them. All that combines to stress free enjoyment for me, and I don't have to end up doing something stupid and dangerous like grid searching patches of bush at night looking for a greenhorn.. Realisticly, I'm not worried about myself, I'm experienced enough to know I've always got with me what I need to stay alive, and not get hypothermic. Frankly, the only thing that's gonna kill me is a serious accident like a fall, freak avalanche (I don't to serious avy country solo), rockslide, or I keel over and die from a heart attack or other "natural" causes. Frankly when it gets down
to that since I don't fret about driving my car on the highway, I don't worry about it. It doesn't mean I don't buckle my seat belt in the car, and doesn't mean I don't take appropriate safety gear with me. but it doesn't keep me from going out.
Browse my pictures