I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian on a couple items...

Hoods- I hate them. I prefer a hat and neck gaiter combination when it's cold enough to be required. The only exception is on my rain jacket where I think it is required (no other way to keep rain from running down the neck).

Sleeve closures- I hate velcro straps, especially the plastic strips that Patagonia sometimes uses. They just aren't comfortable. Not a fan of zippers, either. I tend to like good old elastic, you can put the jacket on and take it off without having to fiddle with the sleeves.

Velcro accessory patches- If it couldn't be easily removed, I probably wouldn't buy such a jacket. For one, it's not secure enough. I'd worry about things falling off and I would consider it to be unnecessary weight.

Pockets- I agree about hand warmer pockets that also function as vents.

Stretch- I would like to see a lighter jacket (under 10 ounces) that fits fairly close, but has a lot of mechanical stretch. I'm not a big fan of the lightweight, loose fitting jackets that have limited stretch. They snag on things and flap in the breeze. As I said in an earlier post, the 4.6 ounce fabric (88% polyester, 12% spandex) that Patagonia uses on their Cold Track Light pants is what I'm looking for.