I really like the Montbell Thermawrap jacket. Very light (women's M is 8.0 oz. with stuff sack, several ounces lighter than my Polartec 200 fleece) and very warm, and it has nice handwarmer pockets! It also packs to about the size of a baseball, much smaller than my fleece. It does tend to run small, though--I probably should have gotten a large instead of a medium--the medium is a pretty snug fit.

I also like fleece, which is more breathable under an outer hard-shell layer. Sometimes I'm hard put to it to decide which to bring! In summer, I take the fleece jacket. If it's going to be colder (fall/spring or really high altitude, such as in the Rockies), I go with the Thermawrap.

My one beef is that I'd like any jacket to cover my hips. That's where I get the coldest! There have been a number of times on really cold nights that a pair of fleece shorts would have been wonderful! I've never been able to find anything to do the job. I might just get a pair of Campmor microfleece pants and cut the legs off just above the knees for late fall/early spring camping!

I'd also like to have a microfleece vest, but with very short sleeves. In the past I have had occasional bouts of arthritis in my shoulder joints, so I need to have my shoulder joints covered, even if just a couple of inches down my arms. I could buy something with sleeves and cut them off. Or I might just get a baselayer short-sleeved T-shirt as an additional layer. The T-shirt would be lighter and would fit better under my Montbell Thermawrap.

For safety reasons, I prefer synthetic insulation for outer clothing because I have a down sleeping bag. Should the bag ever get wet (something I work extra hard to prevent), the synthetic clothing is a backup. If all my insulation were down, there could be potential trouble should everything get wet.

Your Mileage May Vary!