GoLite has a branding deal with Timberland-but it appears to be only for shoes -done in 2006.

I really don't understand all this bashing of Ryan Jordan. Questioning his degrees, etc. really isn't a credible way to attack someone when from what I read, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just because someone can't find Jordan's doctoral thesis doesn't mean squat. Call the university if you are that certain he is faking his credentials.

As far as bashing Jordan for selling his book at REI, what is that all about? Do you people think you belong to some secret club that entitles you to attack someone for "selling out" because they are selling a book? That kind of thinking is ridiculous.

Who gave you the right to be the only person on the trail or in the water? There are plenty of places to go that are not crowded; you just have to know how to find them and that isn't all that hard.

By your logic, this site and any others like it shouldn't exist or should only be accessible to certain people. I don't buy it and don't like to see these elitist ideas promoted here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion (within reason), but what's next? Black people shouldn't go camping, Latinos should stay home? No one over 30? Only hikers who pass some kind of purity test allowed on the trails? Get over it. It's a big world and if you don't want to share it with others, too bad, if you are on public land, it's not your choice to make.

ps. All of these are my personal opinions and not connected in any way to Charles or TLB.