I've been a POE 3/4 fan for a while ..... but I've found something a bit different.

I bought a Gossamer Gear torso sized nightlight pad that weighs in at 3.1 ounces. Then I bought the Big Agnes inflatable air core pillow, which is 16 x 12 x 2.5 inches and 3.5 ounces.

I put a piece of 2 inch velcro on both the pad and the pillow in a straight line on either side of the pad, then I cut a longer piece of the matching velcro to fit each side and hold the two pieces together.

If I'm lucky and find a nice thick pine duff bed I use the pillow as a pillow. If I'm on hard pan I turn it around and use the inflatable pillow under my hips, just like I would the normal POE mattress. I then take a 2.4 L platy with 1 L of water in it, and put it under the nightlight at my shoulder, making in essence a water bed under my top end. The platy adds less than an ounce to my carry weight over the normal 1 L platy that I used to carry.

So ... for under 8 ounces I have a 2/3 length pad with 2.5 inches, with air let out to my max comfort level, under my hips, a shoulder pad that is filled to whatever level is most comfortable, and the Nightlight is more than comfortable for the spaces in between.

I'm very pleased with the solution and also have a nice foam sit pad to hang around the fire with, as well as some water to quench my morning thirst that isn't freezing cold.