while im sure that would do the job jsut fine for my tastes a two piece rod has better action and is worth the extra hassle if you plan on doing very much fishing. if i was going to do a very little bit of fishing i may consider a 4 piece but if im planning on doing much fishing i just prefer the way a 2 piece feels and the action.

guess it kinda depends on how much fishing you will be doing and how important the action is to you (also i have no experience with that specific rod and the action may be great, just speaking generally about 4 piece rods).

one other question is what kind of tackle do you guys bring if you are planning on bass fishing. as im sure is true for everyone it depends on the trip but here are things i always bring.

a few various sized jigs
a small assortment of hooks/weights etc.
senkos (i hand pour my own and make the ones i take hiking a little less soft so i can get more life out of them.)
grubs to use a jig trailers and also to fish on plain jigheads for smallies

these always come along and there are usually a few spinnerbaits and such along as well depending on time of year and conditions expected. anyone else bass fish or are there mostly trout fisherman here?