At 1.12 oz the Dragonfly is an amazing knife build. It is just big enough to give me a four finger grip. The handle scales are slim but work. The blade is short but it is a freaking razor. I chose the K390 and it really takes and holds a fine edge. To test my blades they have to be a good cooking tool. So I use the paring grip to cut up veggies and fruits. Then the blade is used to process a chicken cutting out the backbone through the ribs and the harder part, the pelvis. The Dragonfly zipped through all easier than my other blades even with its shorter edge. After that work how well it carves up a pile of wood curls for that remote possibility of emergency fire making.

While a slightly larger knife would be nice the small but mighty Dragonfly impressed me. It’s about half the weight of a Delica and while the VG10 is great steel and less expensive the K390 is a madman. After a couple months no downside has risen. When properly equipped for the elements this makes a dandy and very effective hiking tool.