Originally Posted By 4evrplan
Alf, I hope someone out there can benefit from this info, but so you know, that was posted over 4 years ago. I don't even have that tent anymore. And, I'm familiar with dyneema line, as I'm using both Amsteel Blue and Dynaglide for hammock suspension, and Zing-It for hanging food. I still use drop line for guy lines though, because I'm cheap. laugh And, putting in a short length of shock cord on each guy line keeps the tension nice and steady. I no longer have a need to tie my tarps out right to the ground, but if I did, I'd probably use a D ring through each tie out point.

Four years ago? Blimey, didn't check the dates. By the way, a couple of weeks ago I bought a 300m reel of of 1mm olive green Spider braid Dyneema fishing line, with a breaking strain of 136kg (300lbs) for £21.20 on ebay (its only £18.50 now) and it turned up a couple of days ago...It is exactly what I hoped it would be...The perfect stuff to make ultralight guy lines from. It has a nice feel to it, like proper string, not like slippy like Nylon fishing line is at all. If I could get a needle with a big enough hole in it, I could sew with it on my sewing machine too, making extremely strong stitching!