Haha I know it. Thanks for responding! I'll check out the articles. There is tons of stuff on youtube. Also a lot of books. I've been soaking it all up.

Definitely not doing 20 miles a day. I plan on taking it easy for the first couple weeks. I agree on packing a little extra food. The first 100 miles is nothing but wildnerness. Better make sure I don't run out of food. I'll shoot for 2 lb/day.

I suppose I better bring the bear mace. Doesn't weight to much. Rather be safe than sorry.

You're right about not needing the hatchet. It seems unnecessary. I'm going to leave it behind. No worries my friend I won't be hacking into any green trees.

Trying to decide what clothes and how much to pack has honestly been rather annoying. I'm a bit of a clean freak. The thought of hiking in the same shirt for 6 months isn't very appealing. That's the reason for all the shirts. I have taken the fleece out of the jacket and plan to use it mostly as a rain jacket. So far it works great. I bought this coat thinking that I could save a bit of room and use one coat for everything. I planned on bringing the second fleece jacket because the one that came with the coat is going to be to hot for everyday wear. I'll probably only use it when it's extremely cold out. I tend to be warm blooded. Especially when moving all day. It's super heavy and hopefully will be great. If it isn't I'll do like you said and have my puffy mailed to me. You're correct. I planned on having a pair of long underwear for hiking and then for camp when it's to cold out.

I've got to weight everything out yet. If it's to heavy some of the clothes will be the first thing to go.

Thanks again for your input! It has been helpful.