Originally Posted By Lonerock
I currently have an Osprey Stratos 24 daypack that's several years old and weighs over 2 1/2 lbs. I'm looking for something lighter, hopefully around 1 1/2 lb. I want a pack with decent water bottle pockets . One of my big complaints with the Stratos 24 is that the bottles are hard to reach when wearing the pack so that it's simply easier to remove the pack to take them in and out.
I would like something around 20 L for short dayhikes thats comfortable and has at least a couple of compartments for organizing stuff.
I'm a male with about a 21 in torso
Would appreciate any suggestions.

Have to been to the Mountain Hardware website? All of their "Outdry" packs are 100% waterproof, which means you won't have to carry a separate waterproof cover you, which is more convenient and saves weight. They are ruggedly built, but also quite lightweight too...Much lighter than most Osprey packs of the same capacity. I have the Scrambler RT35, which I find is perfect for solo weekend hiking and camping trips. It weighs under 1.8 lbs (less than 800 grams) empty. But as you seem to be looking for a smaller pack, somewhere between 20-25 litres capacity, I would suggest their new SummitRocket 20 VestPack. Yes, I know its not an outdry pack, so it's not guaranteed to be waterproof, but it is very light, at just 12oz (340 grams), and they specify that it is "Designed for easy accessibility without removing the pack."...which translates as you would have easy access to your water bottle. In fact, the bottle holder is on the shoulder harness, rather that behind you, on the sides of the pack body, as with most other packs, so access cannot get any easier! Although the price listed on their site is $120, in the UK you can buy it for just £64.99, which converts to a US price of just $88.15, nearly $32 cheaper than the price on their website, so if you shop around you will probably be able to find a cheaper stockist for it on your side of the pond too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgCd77MW3T4