I can get it down to around 20lbs. without much trouble. I don't necessarily take everything on that list, like the daypack, sandals, and 3rd pair of socks. Also, the list was generated from an old spreadsheet and some of the weights aren't correct for my current gear. For instance, the rain pants I have now weigh half as much (homemade) and the fleece is 13.5oz (also homemade).

I made a Ray-Way style tarp-and-net-tent that works well, and is a bit lighter than the Eureka at 3lbs even, and just 1.5lbs without the net tent. I discovered the hard way that it's difficult for one person to set up in the wind...there was one moment when I wasn't sure I could get it set up at all. I finally pitched it very low and crawled under it. Maybe one of these days I'll get ambitious and make a one-person version.

The cook pot is one that I've typically taken for two people, and it's convenient because my bowl and stove fit nicely inside it. You're right, though, I could save a few ounces there.

The tripod is a small mini-tripod that will also strap to a tree or whatever's handy. Mostly so I can get in the picture too. The binoculars are just for fun. I got the 10x ones a long time ago when I found that the original 8x ones I had were a little weak for the mountain goats. When they eventually got moisture inside, I replaced them with the 10x.

I haven't tried the Esbit. I have the mini-Trangia alcohol kit, but it's not really any lighter unless you leave part of it behind. And it's a pain to use.

I think what I maybe need is a change of approach or something. Using a frameless pack and the gear I have, I can theoretically get my base weight down to 13lb, but it's pretty spartan. The best I've done in reality is 22lb total including food and fuel for two days and a quart of water.