Fair enough Bill. But I still don't think the WM ultralight is worth £310 more...Imagine how much ultralight kit you can buy with that! laugh BTW, I have just discovered the lightest folding Titanium cooking stove in the world! It's called The Esbit ST11.5-Ti, which as the name suggests, weighs just 11.5 grams (0.4oz)! That's less than half the weight of my BRS-3000T! It takes smokeless solid fuel (Hexmine) tablets/cubes, which are very compact and still work well at high altitudes (unlike some gas canister stoves). The rectangular Esbit tablets perfectly match the shape of the tablet holder on the stove but I found they are not that cheap, so I opted for some cheaper ones made by Strider instead...The Strider ones do not crumble so easily or smell like fish, as the Esbit ones apparently do (according to reviews I have read). And being circular rather than rectangular they are easier to store...One reviewer said they could fit 9 of them in an empty, airtight Berocca tube. 24 tablets weigh less than a small gas canister, so it will help to reduce the volume and pack weight of my cooking kit as well.
Apparently 2 tablets can boil 500ml of water in about 7 minutes, so its not very fast, but I'm hoping the gentler heat should help to reduce the usual problem of hotspots when trying to cook food in Titanium pots with powerful stoves like the BRS, and if it does, then that is a big problem solved. The Esbit stove cost me £13.80 ($19.75)on ebay and 48 Strider tablets cost me £7.36 ($10.53), both with free postage. I noticed that the Esbit tablets are cheaper on your side of the pond so you can probably find better deals on both over there.

Edited by Alf (04/17/18 06:26 AM)