The folklore about aluminum cookware causing Alzheimer's, which started in the 1960s, was discredited decades ago! Unfortunately, it's still around on the internet, although not in valid scientific sources.

Titanium cookware (which also, in popular "medical" circles, has been implicated in Alzheimer's, along with zinc and many other substances, without scientific proof) has low conductivity which results in hot spots and burning of the food when used for cooking. Aluminum distributes heat evenly so is far better for actual cooking.

Aluminum cookware is thicker (and therefore heavier) than titanium because thin aluminum dents very easily. It's worth the extra weight if you do real cooking, though. I use a titanium pot, but all I do is boil water to reconstitute my dehydrated meals.

Tha anodizing process makes aluminum far less likely to corrode, and also reduces problems of food sticking, which is why I suggested anodized aluminum.

Edited by OregonMouse (04/15/18 09:14 PM)