Hi, Bill-

Have you considered making your own "instant oatmeal?" Two ways to go could be pulsing regular quick oats in a blender or food processor as your base oats and buying plain instant oats. I spotted some Bob's Red Mill (plain) instant oats during a recent shopping trip.

Once you have the oats as you want them, experiment with the right blend of milk (dried cow, goat, coconut, etc.), dried fruit and nuts, plus spices to your liking. Yes, it's more work, but many of us make what we can't find to suit us. Your own oatmeal is likely to be cheaper and more nutritious. Just be aware that dried milk can go rancid once exposed to air, so make your mixes close to trip time or freeze/vacuum pack them.

I did try to make my own dehydrated shrimp Creole. It tasted OK, but the rice stayed crunchy. I might try making something similar by adding dried ingredients to portions of freeze dried rice or chicken and rice from a MH #10 can.

(PUT DOWN THE COFFEE NOW!)

Canned (very small) shrimp do well with dehydration and rehydration, but they look squeamishly like dried maggots...

Cheers!

Rosaleen