I have emphysema from 30 years of cigarettes and smoking dope. Past couple years have been a mother so I've not been out for much. I work on Harleys for my paycheck so I am pushing 800 pound motorcycles around 5 or 6 days a week. I take Symbicort for it and spirometry shows no progression of disease. But I've gained weight and the knees are suffering because of it. However my doctor has never mentioned limiting or stopping activities. Not even racing motorcycles which I've been doing for decades. She just says I sound good and should exercise with the caveat of using an inhaler prior to heavy exertion. So find another doctor. Don't sit on a couch and rot from the inside out. We cannot make it go away but that doesn't mean surrender. Do what you feel comfortable doing and worry about death when it arrives at your door but not a moment sooner. If you feel winded have a seat and relax for a few minutes. Enjoy the sites and sounds. Being in a hurry is for people who have time for such nonsense. Enjoy life don't rush headlong into a grave.