Originally Posted By JustWalking
Wow, that stuff is really expensive for freeze dried coffee. I thought the Mount Hagen packets were expensive, but they're half of what this costs.

I'm sure it's good, but, for me (not a coffee snob/connoisseur at all), not worth their price.

I looked at the site but not the price before I posted it, but $2.75 a cup is more than I'll pay for good fresh coffee.

And it looks to me like they try to hook you into a "subscription" when you do buy it and there's no way I'm doing that without tasting it first and wouldn't be likely to do that even if I really liked it a lot.

The comparison to "Starbucks" isn't really something that impresses me. It's been at least 10 years since I bought a Starbucks coffee because it was a bit before that they changed it and it just wasn't anywhere near as good as it had been. I never bought it much before that but I did like it back then.

I only tried the Starbuck's instant a couple times and didn't like it at all. I bring the Taster's Choice "Columbian" instant singles when backpacking and have used those a few times when we've run out at home. That's better than any other instant coffee I've had and way better than Starbucks in my opinion.

"You want to go where?"