Thanks, I was hoping you'd chime in. You're right, clothes are a big part of the problem. Pika's list helped. The fleece pullover has possibilities, too. I have a P100 and P200 jacket, but they're 11 and 14oz, so no weight savings. 7-8oz seems pretty light, but maybe not for a pullover. Also, a pullover is easier to make.

I've never found zip-off pants that I liked. Usually too baggy, and when worn as shorts, are too long. I do have some REI Sahara pants (I think) that I'm going to revisit and see if I can alter them to be less baggy. I'm a blue jeans kind of guy, and the Mountain Hardware pants are very jeans-like, but nylon, and I'm fairly fond of them. But maybe time for a change.

I've usually carried camp shoes when wading was a possibility. I've tried "water shoes" but the soles are too thin. I would like to reduce weight enough to use trail runners at least sometimes, and forego the boots.

You may be right about the unneeded little stuff. Not too much weight saving to be had there, but worth a look. I like a hot drink sometimes, especially at breakfast, so I need a separate bowl. I do have a lighter pot, though, but haven't used because the bowl, cozy, stove and windscreen fit nicely into the larger pot. Time to revisit that, too.

Not to worry about the soap smile I carry a eyedrops bottle with a little campsuds and use a tiny drop if necessary, which it usually isn't. Some foods will leave a greasy residue, though.

Yes, the water filter is one thing I want to change. I don't like the Halazone tablets (I guess they're still called that) so I need to find a lighter filter that I can live with. I'm still somewhat unconvinced that a filter is necessary if you're careful about water sources, but I usually use it.