First, I wanted to find out about the bill. I found this as a pretty unbiased analysis: http://www.outsideonline.com/2098966/con...ilderness-areas

I understand the trepidation many have with allowing bikes in Wilderness areas, however I don't think it is appropriate to say mountain bikers use land to exercise and are not interested in the environment. You can get exercise on any city street or highway. People are certainly choosing to mountain bike in part to be out in nature.

I have concerns with mountain bikes taking over wilderness trails, but I would be OK with certain trails in wilderness areas being designated for mountain biking. The more people we get out into the wilderness the more political capitol wilderness will have. What concerns me most about this bill is that if the head of the forest doesn't act it automatically opens the entire wilderness up to bikes. I'm OK with having a mechanism in place to allow wheeled vehicles. I am more concerned with releasing total control over the process.