I would think pulling a cart over rough and rock trails would take more effort. Few of the trails I have been on are smooth enough or wide enough for a cart.

Politically speaking, I'd say linking game carts (sometimes used by hunters to transport their dressed kill back to their vehicle) with mountain bikes, even though the two have entirely different uses and effects, is an effort to form a coalition of hunters and mountain bikers. That's astute politics, because it also would tend to pull in the NRA on the side of passing the bill.

I expect the practical effect of this bill would not be to change much about how hunters utilize wilderness, but it would throw open the door to bikers. My guess is that large numbers of wilderness trails would be ignored by the mountain bike community as unattractive and unrewarding, because they require too much slogging uphill in a very low gear. But the trails they find most attractive, such as moderate-grade trails along rivers or trails where you can car shuttle to start at a high elevation trailhead and end at a much lower trailhead, would soon see very heavy use.

I can't say I'd welcome that development. frown