Take a look at the 27 lb., 7 day pack list on the home page of this site. When I started trying to cut weight 11 years ago, I originally used this list as a model. I recommend it to you! There are also a couple of gear lists in phat's "sticky" post in the Beginners section.

I have cut my weight further since. I bought a $$$ expensive 16 oz. cuben fiber tent, which I frankly don't recommend (it's a nice tent but too much $$ per ounce saved), saved more ounces here and there by getting lighter items as my stuff needed replacement, eliminated redundant or unused items (that can be a biggie!), and dropped my base weight to 12 lbs. That means I can go out for 9-10 days with 23-24 lbs. including food and a liter of water. Unfortunately, I can't carry that much any more, but I can still go out for several days with well under 20 lbs. (OK, part of the secret is that I can get by on a pound of food a day, because my appetite doesn't kick in until the time I get home and no longer need the extra food.)

Also on the home page, you'll find other articles with ideas on saving weight. Most are good, although I don't recommend cutting labels out of clothing (you'll want the laundry instructions, and, when I did it, all the labels together did not weigh the 0.1 oz. minimum weight on my scale). I also don't recommend cutting off the toothbrush handle; restorative dentistry is too expensive to cut corners on dental hygiene!

If you want to work up and post a gear list, we'll be happy to critique it for you!