Although definitely not a mountaineer, I am probably more similar to Wandering_Daisy in my terrain preferences: Near, at, or above timberline, in the mountains, is my kind of country! However, I prefer on-trail or easy off-trail. I've never been comfortable with talus, even the so-called "easy" variety. Now that old age is catching up with me, I'm having balance issures, so it now has to be easy trail and shorter trips. I'd like to do one more trip to Wyoming's Wind Rivers before I get too decrepit, but it may not happen. If not there, the Wallowas in eastern Oregon. And there are always easier portions of Mt. Hood's Timberline Trail, an hour or so drive from my home, as long as I can put one foot in front of another!

I don't mind some hiking in old growth forest (I did some short day hikes in the redwoods of northern California week before last), but I really do prefer being out in the open, above it all with the spectacular views!

Edited by OregonMouse (05/08/16 04:59 PM)