Thank you both very much about the info. A bit more background, I have done quite a bit of camping/canoeing. I go to the Boundary Waters every year, and don't deal with Bear, but Moose, wolves, etc.

I applied for 4 routes, hoping to find out in the next couple of days. One route is out of MG, through Ptarmigan, to Elizabeth, Stoney, Fifty Mtn, and back. Another route is to GH, from Kintla, and Hole in the Wall, and Boulder Pass. Another Route is to GH from the Belly River area, and final route is a Lake McDonald Route, through Sperry Chalet. I put in a 2.5 week time frame in Aug. We'll see, fingers crossed.

I understand about storing food at campsites at the Bear poles.

A few things, I was wondering/strategies? I'm assuming, its preferable to get up and hike in the AM. I'm really trying to figure out gear. I have a good pair of hiking boots, and I have a good pack. I'm looking for suggestions for a sleeping bag. I also have a hammock, but don't think it would be useful. Food wise, is Mountain House the way to go? I have a water filter, or should I just bring tablets? Clothing wise, maybe 1 change of clothes?

I will get most of the gear in the next month, and then take a few trips to the Superior Hiking Trail, to test gear. Are there any tricks to packing your bag?

Once again, thanks for all your advice, and any information, you might have.

CnME