Quote:
Now, of course everybody knows bacpackinglight forum, however you actually cannot post in there unless you paid some petty cash for the privilege to do so. And I am strongly oppose the idea of making money on information and opinion. Communication between people is free

Really? I assume you have not paid for college or to learn a trade then. Have you not ever bought a book to learn more about something. Opposed to music lessons, art classes or guided tours ect.. Come on... $5 is a heck of a deal to join a community with that wealth of information, not to mention posting for sale adds that reach that sized readership targeted to UL BPing. What is wrong is to think that internet web sight operation comes free.

Quote:
But as stated at the first entry, all were "paid for" reviews, besides most were given after a first outing with a tent, and concentrated on fine details such as kind of guy lines or packaged size, while I was rather looking for design of the type, why it is better or worse, what is unique for only that type etc. Another type was given by those who is in business of hiking/travelling, their opinion has zero value because their equipment is not their choice but rather their sponsor, besides they change sponsors so often.

How much time have you actually spent at BPL? IMO you are woefully uninformed about the quality of folks there. Sorry but I can now see that nothing I can say is going to be of any value to you....GOODBYE frown

Edited by jimmyb (03/18/16 11:37 AM)